Tips & Techniques to have a healthy, happy dog.
Find quality groomers by evaluating the grooming facility. The Humane Society of the United States recommends you tour the facility, and look for this checklist of quality dog grooming outfits.
- Are cages adequately sized
- Are dogs and cats kept in separate areas
- Is the room well-lit
- Do they handle pets gently & with compassion
- Does it look and smell clean
- Does the grooming staff appear knowledgeable and caring
- Are pets monitored regularly to prevent overheating during blow-drying of clean up
- Does the groomer keep complete pet records - grooming, medical, vaccination, and emergency contact information
- clipping dog nails station
- ability to do ear cleaning